The Taiwan tech brand Asus has launched its 2nd generation ROG series gaming smartphone called Asus ROG Phone II (ZS660KL). It has all the useful and flagship-grade specifications & features that you may not find on any gaming smartphone. The device came with Android 9.0 Pie with ROG UI out-of-the-box and received a bunch of bug fixes & system improvements that you will find here. Now, Asus ROG Phone 2 users are getting a new software update with a version of WW-16.0631.1910.64.
The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and rolling out globally in batches. Therefore, not all users may receive the update at the same time. It will take some time to appear on all ROG Phone II devices via FOTA. The update fixes DOCOMO SIM connection issue, occasional touch failure, navigation bar issue while playing PUBG Mobile, call volume issue for Facebook or WhatsApp calls, File Manager crashing issue while opening an image in the hidden folder, key mapping issue in Star Commander.
Now, if you want to wait for FOTA (firmware-over-the-air) update then check it manually on an interval basis. Otherwise, you can manually install the latest firmware version on your device by following the guide below. Here we have put up the firmware download link along with requirements and installation steps.
Check FOTA Update
The faster FOTA update availability mostly depends on the server, region, and mobile carrier as well for the Asus devices. Therefore, we will recommend checking FOTA update manually via device Settings > General > About phone > Update Center > System update > Check for update.
If the software update having the version WW-16.0631.1910.64 is available then download and install it to apply. Make sure to charge your device up to 50% at least and connect to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Firmware Details: WW-16.0631.1910.64
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the latest security patch for Asus ROG Phone 2.
- Device Name: Asus ROG Phone 2
- Model: ZS660KL
- Baseband Version: WW-16.0631.1910.64
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- Region: Global
- Fixed Docomo SIM often disconnected mobile network issue
- Fixed occasional touch failure
- Fixes that navigation bar will not shrink to bottom automatically when playing PUBG MOBILE game
- Fixed call volume being lower than normal for Facebook and Whatsapp calling.
- File Manager crashing when opening a picture in the hidden folder fixed
- Fixed that user can’t share Airtrigger or key mapping settings in “Star Commander”
Download Firmware and Tools
Steps to Install Update on Asus ROG Phone 2 (WW-16.0631.1910.64)
We have put up the complete guide on how to flash the Stock ROM on an ASUS smartphone. Before that go through the basic guidelines you need to follow for the process.
- The WW-16.0631.1910.64 firmware file is only for Asus ROG Phone 2 [ZS660KL]. Don’t try it on any other ASUS devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% for the smoother process.
- Your device should run on official Stock Firmware.
- Take a complete backup of your data before doing anything else.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware/software problems with your phone if you choose to install the firmware provided here. Follow this guide at your own risk.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- Download the firmware file from the download link given above and move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter the device into the recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone > Hold and Long press Power button + Volume Up and your device will boot into recovery mode.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select the option Apply update from sd card.
- Choose update.zip OTA firmware file which you’ve downloaded and moved earlier.
- Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, to finish the process reboot your device.
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload
This method of installation is useful if you are running a custom ROM on your device.
How to Install Stock Firmware by ADB Sideloading
So, that’s it, folks. if you got the ASUS ROG Phone 2 (ZS660KL), then download and install the update now. We hope that this guide was useful to you.
Source: Asus Zentalk