LG G7 ThinQ (codename: judyln) was launched in May 2018. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie. Here in this guide, we will share the AOSP Android 10 for LG G7 ThinQ.
Android 10 is now official as Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. The Android 10 (aka Android Q) started rolling out to many devices. In this new version of Android OS, Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. Follow this guide to download and install Android 10 ROM on the LG G7 ThinQ device.
The AOSP is a custom ROM which means any smartphone OEM can make or customize Android ROM according to their need via the source code. All the Custom ROM or Custom Firmware runs on the Android OS version from the core but offers a different kind of user experience.
LG G7 ThinQ Specifications:
LG G7 ThinQ was launched in May 2018. LG G7 ThinQ features a 6.1-inches IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440×3120 pixels and powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC. It’s coupled with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage. The device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. It has a dual rear camera setup of a 16MP+16MP sensor with OIS, PDAF, and an LED flash. While the front packs an 8MP selfie camera. The handset includes a 3,000 mAh battery with fast charging support.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Android 10 AOSP Custom ROM:
After the release of Android 10 officially to Pixel devices, Xiaomi and Lenovo are also providing beta builds. Now, the AOSP Custom ROM developers have developed the latest ROM version for the LG G7 ThinQ device. Now, check out the installation steps along with download links and pre-requirements below.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on LG G7 ThinQ (judyln)
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. Then you have to use this recovery to flash the ROM. However, this recovery won’t work for Pie-based ROMs. So you’ll need to use this recovery for flashing this Android 10 ROM only. But before going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
We’re at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some of the bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
- This is an Android 10 based AOSP Custom ROM file and supported for LG G7 ThinQ (judyln) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- Download the required TWRP file, AOSP ROM file, and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Watch The Video on What’s New on Android 10Video Guide for AOSP Android 10 Installation
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your LG G7 ThinQ (judyln) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.