- You can listen to podcasts on your Android device through the Google Play Music app.
- The Google Play Music app makes it simple to find and download thousands of different podcasts.
- Google Play Music comes pre-installed on most Android devices, and it’s free to download if you don’t have it.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Podcasts are essentially mobile radio shows, tailored to specific topics like politics, business, home management, storytelling, and more.
Due to their popularity, podcasts are easy to access and listen to using your Android phone or tablet. All you need is the Google Play Music app, which is pre-installed on most Android devices.
Read on for instructions on how to find, download, and listen to a podcast on Android using Google Play.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to listen to podcasts on Android devices
1. To listen to a podcast, you first need to open the Google Play Music app. If you don’t know where to find it, tap on the Google Play Store app, then tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner to open a menu. Tap on “Open Music app” to open Google Play Music. If it’s been uninstalled, you can search for it in the Google Play Store and download it.
2. Once the Google Play Music app is open, tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the screen. In the side menu that appears, tap “Podcasts.”
3. Browse or search the available podcasts until you find one you want to download or listen to. Once you’ve chosen a podcast, tap on it.
4. Scroll through the podcast’s episode listing and tap on the episode you want to listen to. Once it starts playing, adjust the volume to your comfort.
5. If you like what you hear and want to save the podcast for future listening, tap the “Subscribe” button to subscribe to the podcast. By subscribing, the podcast will appear in the “Your Podcasts” tab in the Google Play Music app, so that you don’t have to search for it each time you want to listen to a new episode.
There are many other apps that also allow you to listen to podcasts. Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and Soundcloud are popular alternatives.