Snapchat is a popular app that allows you to share pictures and short video clips with friends. Because it’s designed to be used often like any other social media app, it keeps you logged in, even when the app is closed.
That said, it’s easy to log out of Snapchat. This includes the actual iPhone and Android app, as well as the desktop website that lets you download your snapcode, purchase geofilters, and change your password.
Logging out of one device doesn’t log you out of the other.
Here’s how to log out of Snapchat, both on your phone and on the computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)
How to log out of Snapchat using the mobile app
1. Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone or Android phone.
2. Tap the icon in the top-left corner. If you’ve recently posted a story, it will be an image of what’s on your story. If you have a Bitmoji connected, it’ll be your Bitmoji. If you don’t have either of those, it’ll just be a generic icon of a person.
3. Tap the Settings icon in the top-right corner. It looks like a gear.
4. In the Settings list, scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap “Log Out.”
5. A dialog box will pop up asking if you’re sure you want to log out. Tap the “Log Out” button.
How to log out of Snapchat on your computer
1. On the Account Management homepage of Snapchat’s desktop site, click on the three bars in the top-right corner of the screen.
2. A “Log Out” button will appear at the top of the page. Click on it — it’ll log you out and return you to the login page.