The Asus Zenfone Max M2 was one of the best entry-level budget category smartphones in 2018. In terms of the price segment, the device came with pretty good hardware specifications that were very competitive in the market at that time. It came with Android 8.1 Oreo Pure Android UI out-of-the-box and then it received the Android 9.0 Pie update last year. Now, all the users are eagerly waiting for the Android 10 update but it seems that the latest Android version is far away for the Zenfone Max M2. Now, you can Download V16.2018.2003.60: March 2020 Patch for Asus Zenfone Max M2 from this article.
The company has released an incremental OTA update over the same Android 9.0 Pie that brings the latest March 2020 Android Security Patch Level. It offers improved system security and stability as well. However, the Android 10 update may not arrive on the Asus Zenfone Max M2 anytime soon. In terms of the latest firmware update, it bumps up a new version V16.2018.2003.60 that weighs around 134.8MB in size. We’ve shared the update changelog below:
1. 2020-3 Google security patch updated
Check OTA Updates
As the FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) update is making its way in a phased manner, it may take some time to roll-out via OTA. All the interested Zenfone Max M2 (ZB632KL) users can check for the OTA update manually via the Settings > System update > Check for update. If the latest update is available, just grab it.
Ensure that the device battery is charged more than 50% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Steps to Install Asus ZenFone Max M2 Software Update (V16.2018.2003.60)
We have mentioned the full step-by-step guide on how to flash the Stock ROM on any Asus device via the Recovery method and ADB Sideload method. But make sure to follow all the requirements before doing anything.
- This firmware file is only for the Asus ZenFone Max M2 device. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- Take a complete backup without Root of your data before doing anything.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and USB cable. (For the Second method)
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on your device. (For the Second method)
We’re at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of damage or issue that occurs to your device during or after following the guide or installing the file. Do it at your own risk.
Method 1: Upgrade via Recovery
- First, you have to download the firmware file from the download link given above and move it to your device storage.
- Now, enter into the device Stock Recovery mode.
- Switch off your phone > Press and Hold down the Power button + Volume Up button. It will boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Next, select the Apply update from sd card option from the Recovery menu.
- Choose update.zip OTA firmware (V16.2018.2003.60) file which you’ve downloaded and moved in the first step.
- Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, reboot your phone to boot into a new system.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
Method 2: Upgrade via ADB Sideload
If you’re using any Custom ROM and want to install the Stock Firmware again on your Asus ZenFone Max M2 device, then you have to upgrade your device via the following method. We have provided the full guide on how to install the update file via ADB Sideload method. Check out.
We assume that this guide is helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the latest March 2020 patch on Asus ZenFone Max M2. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.