Today Verizon started rolling the Android 10 update based on One UI 2.0 skin for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G. The update is labeled with build number N976VVRU2BSL7 and comes with all the OneUI 2.0 features along with Android 10. As we speak, the update is rolling over the air for users with the Galaxy Note 10 5G Snapdragon variant. Suppose if you have not received the update, then make sure to check for the OTA update manually.
Along with the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 features, this update brings the Android Security patch level to December 2019. Yes, the patch fixes the vulnerabilities found in the earlier version. If you are running the previous version, then you will receive this OTA update with build N976VVRU2BSL7 with the size of 140MB. In case if you are not patient to wait for the update, then you can follow our guide to install the N976VVRU2BSL7, Galaxy Note 10 5G Android 10 Stable One UI 2.0 manually. Before installing the update via ODIN, let’s check for the Software OTA update
Check Software OTA update
If you are running the latest beta build, then you should be receiving this OTA automatically on your device. However, sometimes due to phased rollout, some users may miss out on the update. They can check for the update manually on their devices.
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> “Software update” to select the “Download and install” option. The OTA update weighs about 140MB and carries build number N976VVRU2BSL7. We suggest you use Wi-Fi to download and install this update. Also, watch out for the battery charge. Have around 50% or more battery before installing the update.
Android 10 – Overview
Now, Android 10 is the latest iteration of the operating system from Google which was unveiled back in September this year. Moreover, users are pretty excited about it as it packs in quite a few cool features under its sleeves for the Android devices. Besides, OEMs like Google, OnePlus, Essential pushed in the stable updates right after the unveiling of the Android 10 OS. Google went ahead without a dessert name for this version of the Android 10 and also changed the logo a bit to give a fresh new look.
Talking about some features, Android 10 brings in the almighty system-wide Dark Mode for the devices, smart reply in all the messaging applications, enhanced privacy controls for the users where now user can specifically choose to grant location and other privacy controls to an app for a limited time as well, incognito mode for Google Maps, Focus Mode which is an enhanced version of the Digital Wellbeing that allows the user to focus on the important aspects of life rather than spending time on their Android devices, new parental controls, new gestures system, etc.
One UI 2.0 – Overview
Samsung took a big step when it comes to its homegrown skin the TouchWiz and decided to bring in a completely new version of their skin which makes the usability of the big screen Galaxy devices more convenient as well as more effortless. One UI was launched this year and was pushed for all the devices running Android 9 Pie. One UI allows the user to use their device comfortably with one hand by giving them a more usable area and less viewing area.
The latest iteration of One UI is the One UI 2.0 which is based on Android 10 OS. Though the previous version of One UI was good, with the One UI 2.0, Samsung wants to bring in more functionality for the devices. For instance, you get features like Google’s new navigation gestures, new camera UI, in-built screen recorder, Digital Wellbeing, dark mode, enhanced privacy features, new audio, and video codecs, etc. All these features make the One UI 2.0 a decent upgrade over the previous generation. However, the 2017 Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 devices miss out on this update.
This software update brings the latest Android 10 OS, with new features including Live Transcribe, Smart Reply, improved Gestures and Camera UX, and Focus Mode. Night Mode has been renamed to Dark Mode. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
Android 10 OS Update
Android 10 OS offers some of the newest ways to control your privacy, customize your phone, and get things done. It’s Android, just the way you want it.
- Sound Amplifier With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine tuned to your listening preferences. Whether talking to your best friend, watching TV, or listening to a lecture — just plug in your headphones and hear everything more clearly.
- Smart Reply In Android 10, you get more than just suggested responses to your messages. You also get recommended actions. So, if a friend asks you out to dinner, your phone will suggest you text thumbs up. Then, it’ll also pull up directions right in Google Maps™. It even works in messaging apps like Signal.
- Live Transcribe Real-time transcriptions for the world around you. Now with sound events that show you when someone is clapping, a dog is barking, someone is whistling, and more.
- Gesture Navigation Gestures are now quicker and more intuitive than ever. Go backward and forwards, pull up the home screen, and swipe up to see your open apps. All super smooth
- Focus ModeFor getting in the zone and minimizing distractions. Turn on Focus mode with a single tap to pause apps that you’ve selected.
How to Install Verizon Galaxy Note 10 5G Android 10 Stable One UI 2.0 update
In case manual searching for OTA also fails, you can simply download the N976VVRU2BSL7 firmware zip and install it manually on your device. However, before installing, let’s check out the basic info about the stock firmware.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G
- Model No: SM-N976V
- Region: USA
- Carriers: Verizon
- Build number: N976VVRU2BSL7
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
Before you flash the stock firmware, you need to follow some guidelines and get some other tools with you which is important for the installation.
- The firmware we have put up here is exclusively for the Verizon Galaxy Note 10 5G variant (SM-N976V). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the battery of your smartphone up to 50% or more to perform the installation without interruptions.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your device and the data present in it before installing the new software.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any hardware or software issues that may occur on your device by installing a the firmware provided in this guide. Follow the guide at your own risk.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the tutorial to install the stock ROM on your Galaxy Note 10 5G.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 using ODIN Tool Video Tutorial to use ODIN tool and Install stock Firmware on Galaxy Note 10 5G
So, that’s it. Download the firmware and flash it now to step up your Verizon Galaxy Note 10 5G variant to the November 2019 patch. We hope that this guide was useful to you.